The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Summer Intern Program is a paid internship that provides undergraduate, graduate and PHD students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience at the Federal Reserve Bank. Through project oriented hands on assignments and professional development activities, interns receive a solid overview of the Fed while contributing to their designated Bank department.
The Summer Intern Program begins in June and continues for 12 consecutive weeks. Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and assigned to one department for the summer.
As a part of the Summer Internship program, interns are expected to work on a group project during the course of the program.
What You Will Do
The Customer Relations and Support Office within FRBC manages the nation-wide electronic payments and information delivery network ("FedLine"), which transacts over 70+ million payments daily, valued at more than $4+trillion. We are seeking an intern to help with various projects related to pricing, revenue management, and new product development for the FedLine Access Solutions portfolio.
- Collect, aggregate and summarize new product development recommendations.
- Help with larger transition projects e.g. customer tracking, adoption and compilation of enhancement ideas.
- Subscriber data analysis and gaps.
- Comparative analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student.
- Area of study - Business, Marketing and/or Analytics.
- Strong MS Suite experience (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, strong communication / writing skills.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Marketing and Sales
Chicago (United States...
- Closing Date:1st Nov 2019, 6:00 pm