This position will be for a Logistics Specialist who will be part of our Pensacola Inbound team and be located within the GE Plant in Pensacola, FL. The inbound team is responsible for all materials inbound to the GE Plant from all origins, domestic and international, as well as all factory fixture management and Foreign Trade Zone administration within.
The main function of a Logistics Specialist is to coordinate the pick-up and delivery of GE freight, while minimizing transit time and logistics costs. This position will identify and analyze cost savings solutions through the implementation of load optimization strategies at an operational level. Responsibilities will include identifying commodity and equipment configurations needed to transport freight, recognizing and alerting carriers when freight requires additional special handling requirements, and highlighting carrier's inability to meet need dates and implementing routing solutions.
What You Will Do
- Process all inbound material shipments to GE Pensacola Plant, including those from Domestic and International origins (by way of Port of Import) to include carrier coordination, document preparation, tracking and delivery confirmation of all shipments, communicating with various parts of the supply chain, providing status updates and reports of shipments as needed.
- Manage the inbound appointment and warehouse pager systems to maximize daily inbound truck volume and offload efficiency, resolve any technical issues or conflicts that arise.
- Compile export documentation for export shipments, such as Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, etc and submit for client review.
- Assist with factory fixture management and Foreign Trade Zone administration as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Logistics/Supply Chain/Project Management field.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Moderate Proficiency in all other MS Office programs - Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to handle high pressure, time sensitive issues.
- Exceptional planning, organizing and follow-up skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A self-starter, passion for improvement, and desire to learn.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Logistics and Supply Chain, Project Management
- Position Type:Full time
Florida (United States)
- Closing Date:22nd August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.