Fitch Solutions is looking for a South Africa-based Research Analyst to join the Operational Risk team.
Fitch Solutions, a leading emerging markets analysis firm, is recruiting a high-calibre graduates to join its team in Centurion. We are continuing to build a team of bright, ambitious Research analysts to sit alongside and support the successful sales team. We are looking for a Research Analyst, who will primarily focus on Operational Risk in Emerging Markets.
You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research and forecasts for lead decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
What You Will Do
- Managing a portfolio of countries, producing reports assessing risks and opportunities.
- Producing country-level analysis, examining financial data, company strategies and key business environment developments.
- Maintaining a portfolio of country-level research, sourcing local data and ensuring data and research accuracy.
- Collaborating with relevant analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis.
- Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business development.
You will receive extensive training in all areas of analysis and forecasting with the help of our in-house training material and regular training seminars hosted by experienced members of the Research team, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from your line manager and team members. Fitch Solutions also encourages external training by subsidising external courses, such as the CFA and relevant language classes.
Areas Of Focus Include:
- Industry Risk.
- Political and Operational Risk.
- Financial Markets.
- Company Analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for candidates with a strong academic background and a passion for the subject matter, with prior understanding of basic macroeconomic principles and a familiarity with world affairs. A trainee analyst will need to demonstrate ambition and a desire to learn.
- A degree from a top-tier university (Ideally in Economics, Finance or International Relations/ Law/ International Law/ Politics).
- Fluent in English with strong writing capabilities.
- Keen interest in economics, global financial markets and world affairs.
- Previous experience (academic or professional) in analysis and research of global markets, political risk and macroeconomics.
- Prior work experience in a related field (ideally private sector).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics, Law
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:19th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm