At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer.
Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda is the leading, on-demand food delivery company in Singapore, bringing thousands of your best loved restaurants online into your home or office - fast!
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Category Intern who will be responsible for supporting selected categories within foodpanda’s New Verticals team. He/She will assist the Category Managers to manage product content, analyze category performance and devise short- and long-term tactical activities with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the timely and accurate maintenance of system, catalogue, orders and promotions with Shared Service Centre.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure accurate submission of new product listing, promotion proposals and trade plans.
- Assist in analyzing weekly and monthly category performance and market insights to identify category growth gap and opportunities.
- Coordinate and assist to conduct regular competitors’ price and range survey and regular maintenance of competitor’s advertised pricing.
- Propose and suggest new marketing tools and tactics in collaboration with suppliers, brands and local marketing team.
- Follow up with the Operations team to troubleshoot to ensure receiving processes or promotion execution are smooth and complete.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Able to commit for at least 6 months.
- Currently pursuing a Diploma or Degree in retail, business, or related.
- Ability to manage complexity and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hands on attitude is a must.
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Retail
- Closing Date:1st May 2021, 6:00 pm