We are looking for candidates to join our market leading dispute resolution practice in Dubai for six-month internships commencing in August, September, December 2021 and January 2022.
Your role as an entry level member of the practice will be to assist with all aspects of the department’s caseload. An internship in our dispute resolution team will expose you to a wide-range of cross-border work, including some of the most complex, challenging and interesting projects and risk management/disputes in the market.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and Freshfields’ MENA practice is central to this vision.
Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
There are three pillars to our dispute resolution practice:
- Commercial Disputes - Commercial arbitration, investor-State dispute settlement (investment treaty arbitration), DIFC/ADGM court litigation, managing onshore local litigation across the region and risk advisory work.
- Major Projects - Construction arbitration, major projects structuring and contract negotiation and risk advisory work.
- Global Investigations - Internal investigations, regulatory investigations, risk assessment and compliance related advice and general risk advisory work (covering business ethics and integrity issues and corporate economic crime, including bribery, corruption, money laundering, sanctions, fraud, etc.).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding undergraduate and/or postgraduate Law-related qualifications.
- English language skills to a business standard is essential.
- Arabic language skills to a business standard is desirable but not essential.
- Work experience at a leading international law firm is desirable but not essential.
- A demonstrable interest in international arbitration, major projects or global investigations would be advantageous.
- Commitment to work in our Dubai office for a total duration of six months.
- Job type:Internships
Dubai (United Arab...
- Closing Date:14th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm