FTI Consulting is looking for an individual to fill a Graduate Consultant position in the Risk Intelligence subdivision of its Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment in Cape Town.
FTI’s Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigations, data analytics, forensic accounting, business intelligence and risk mitigation services.
Working on behalf of law firms, corporations, governments and high net worth individuals, you will be exposed to a broad range of corporate intelligence, strategic advisory and complex investigative work from day one.
What You Will Do
- Conducting open-source research and delivering strategic or compliance intelligence reports on companies and individuals to help clients mitigate risk and make informed business and investment decisions.
- Investigating complex financial crimes, corporate fraud and public corruption issues in South Africa and the wider sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Assisting with forensic interviews and enquiries with human intelligence sources.
- Reviewing an entity's internal and external communications to identify patterns and corroborate findings.
- Summarizing findings for team members orally or in the form of memoranda, presentations or reports.
- Support team with scoping of projects, proposals and business development initiatives.
- Attending meetings with project managers, clients and their internal and external legal advisers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Consultants are exposed to high profile and intellectually demanding work from day one, and need to have the ability to identify key issues, think creatively and to work as part of a team. Strong research and analytical skills are required, together with an eye for detail, and, most importantly, an inquisitive nature coupled with a clear belief in honesty and integrity.
- A minimum Honours Degree in relevant disciplines such as Political Science, Law, Economics, Business, International Affairs, or similar.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills in English (an additional language is desirable).
- Proven research and analytical skills and a flair for investigative interventions, including a desire to recover information, identify facts and uncover the truth behind complex and opaque situations.
- Knowledge and interest in current affairs relating to several relevant subject areas such as geopolitics, macro-economics, politics and international security.
- A dynamic mindset and ability to work autonomously without direct supervision.
- Experience of working in a corporate environment is beneficial but not essential.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:18th Dec 2021, 6:00 pm