Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
FWD’s Actuarial Internship Program is a great way to gain a head start on your actuarial career.
As an intern in FWD Group, you will be involved in the Group Actuarial function support of various actuarial activities, including pricing, valuation, marketing, investments, risk management and modeling, for our expanding markets in Asia. You'll work side-by-side with experienced actuaries who will help translate your classroom knowledge into a strong, practical actuarial foundation. You will be part of a dynamic team to gain real-life work experiences in the insurance industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain diversified experience across the full actuarial spectrum and to learn about yourself and explore potential careers.
What You Will Do
- Using Prophet model to produce financial analysis results.
- Doing Prophet modeling for valuation.
- Creating MS Macros to perform profit testing in pricing for various types of products.
- Providing support in product approval process.
- Performing analysis for business planning.
- Building spreadsheet for special projects, e.g., M&A.
- Interpreting experience study results.
- Undertaking data consolidation.
- Preparing management presentation.
- Performing actuarial research and statistical analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently undertaking degrees in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline from 2nd year onward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Attentive with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of excel and database skills.
- Programming knowledge is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Mathematics, Statistics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm