An enrolled student at an educational institution, working on a project or a specific assignment at GE to fulfill academic requirements or to gain practical training and is recruited into GE as an intern.
What You Will Do
- Works on projects often requiring independent decision-making.
- These projects are normally scoped to last between 2 and 6 months in duration.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices, or to provide updates.
- May be asked to analyze data with excel or various other analysis tools.
- May be asked to take on certain aspects of a full time job within the function the intern is studying.
- example, may be asked to write software code if in an engineering internship or might be asked to perform compensation analysis if in a HR internship.
- May be asked to participate in early talent events, seminars or trainings.
- Performing assignments where trust and accuracy are required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- At least 24 credit hours of coursework toward a bachelors/technical (or equivalent) degree in the function you are interning or a recent graduate from a Bachelor/technical program in the function you are interning or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- A GPA of at least 3.0.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- eam player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:24th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm