We have a fantastic opportunity for a 3-6 month internship with Steam Power’s Power Automation & Control DCS and Cyber Security team. This varied role will support all engineering and field service activities across Singapore working side by side with experts in the field, completing complex technical projects, applying their theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems, and developing skills in a cutting edge global environment.
What You Will Do
- This internship role is to support project manager to facilitate project execution and daily back office support. The detailed job includes project management support, meeting minutes and action tracking, meeting organization, customer insights facilitation and etc. It is also expected that this role to support office document preparation for project manager.
- The qualified candidate should have skills of frequent English reading and writing, academic background of engineering and software is preferred. The preferred mindset includes result orientated and self-motivated, and willing to get thing done within a given time period.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of DCS/PLCs and power plant process and operation.
- Knowledge of networking components, cables etc.
- DCS communication protocols for process & information networks. TCP/IP Network communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Other DCS system functionalities such as time synchronization, third party communications (Modbus, OPC etc.)
- Misc. HMI functionalities such as alarm management, trends, loggings etc.
- Understanding the concept of infrastructure vulnerabilities, and basic principles of IT Security and IT networking.
- Experience in data security disciplines as relevant to the following:
- Operating system security
- Network security
- Hardware security principles
- Experience in programming languages (e.g. C, C++, C#)
- An understanding of APT (nation states), Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and other associated actors
- Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience or equivalent technical field.
- Experience in the domain of DCS and Cyber security systems, operation and maintenance and/or technical support and resolution
- Practical experience in Thermal Power Plant process
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight.
- Exceptional critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills that properly qualify assessments with concise, relevant, and accurate communications
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm