- Interns acquire true hands-on experience & technical knowledge in component repair processes, key performance metrics (eg OTD, productivity & yield).
- Communication skills, teamwork and the ability to build a strong network through interaction with engineers, technicians, company staffs and other interns to complete assigned projects.
- Develop ability to work independently, be resourceful, acquire problem solving & time management skills to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
What you will do
- Learn & Assist product engineer(s) in new cell setup/implementation in terms of soft and hard capacity aspects.- Data collection/analysis of High Chrome Repair improvement initiatives for CF6-80C/E Stage 1 Blades.
- Brilliant Factory: RFID system at C34: Support ongoing Lean activities- Learn & practice interpretation of repair documents.
- Learn & practice communications to line operators.
- Learn & practice in repair development- Data acquisition (with photo defects) for collaborative analysis with OEM engineering (new repairs scoping for yield improvement).
- Assist evaluating, setup & programming of new equipment with the Engineers- Learn and contribute fresh ideas to improve KPI (OTD, productivity & yield).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students who are currently enrolled at an accredited Polytechnic or University (Aerospace/Aviation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Engineering).
- Singapore citizens to be hired for GE Aviation to be able to see/hear licensed (or potentially license) required export control materials/presentation.
- Ability to work smart and work hard- Willingness to learn & contribute ideas.
- Able to work individually or in teams.
- Result oriented & ready to get the job done.
- Considers no job to be too menial.
- Prepared to be hands-on & work alongside both Technicians & Engineers.
Closed a year ago
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2019, 6:00 pm