Early Career Trainee working in Sourcing department in Jebel Ali Repair Factory.
During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks to students where they can develop their leadership capabilities, communication skills and introduce them to the work environment.
What You Will Do
- Identify new vendors, prepare RFQ, review vendor proposals and lead the PO# / contract award process. This will also involve data analysis to enable decision-making and prioritization of sourcing projects.
- Executing the sourcing plan development & contract management and the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage. This includes supplier selection, preferred supplier development, localization to ensure productivity maximization, process optimization and enhance supplier performance.
- Leading sourcing project execution for shop procurement activities including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets via negotiation, e-auctions, redesigns, sub-tier component cost reductions & on time delivery.
- Drive Cash improvement by extending payment term with suppliers.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of both direct and indirect material buy & purchasing process control to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met. Implement supplier scorecards to provide performance feedback to suppliers. Analyze and track supplier promise date accuracy.
- Hold reviews with suppliers and drive actions focused on the supplier ability to meet requirements.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourcing items and services to meet the needs of the business. Maintain timely” control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documents to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
- Improving sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management. Ownership of supplier invoice payment & resolution as required.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Recent Graduate or graduate with less than 1 year of experience and passionate about power Industry.
- Has completed Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university).
- Basic knowledge of SAP.
- High achiever.
- Good usage of Microsoft software.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain
Dubai (United Arab...
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2021, 6:00 pm