General Reinsurance Africa Ltd currently offers opportunities for part-time and full time Actuarial Interns in our Cape Town office. This position will support the Actuarial Pricing Department with day to day operations. The Internship will provide exposure to a broad range of tasks.
What You Will Do
- Actuarial analysis and assessment of individual and group life reinsurance portfolios for the purposes of risk management, experience investigations, planning and quotation.
- Pricing of life and health reinsurance contracts, conducting research and producing technical documentation.
- Drawing up reinsurance treaties.
- Supporting product development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Applicants should be studying towards a degree in Actuarial Science with successful exam progression.
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, R and SQL).
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- An enquiring mind.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively as part of a team, deal with people at all levels and in all areas of the business and engage with clients.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise, while remaining flexible to deal with changing work demands.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm