We are looking for a passionate problem-solver who is interested in creating innovative solutions to tough development challenges in the spheres of business strategy, corporate impact, public policy and legislation. The position is at entry-level as an Analyst (0-2 years of experience).
The candidate can be based in London, Johannesburg, Nairobi, or Lagos and must be willing to travel for assignments and spend time at the Genesis head office in Johannesburg. Please note that we do not sponsor work visas.
About the Shared Value and Impact team:
The purpose of the Shared Value and Impact team is to reshape capitalism to serve the world. We believe flourishing societies and healthy ecosystems should be the core purpose of business, not afterthoughts. The SVI practice was founded six years ago and has become a leading global advisor on impact for governments, businesses and other organizations. The growth of the team requires an Analyst to join the team.
All of our work is interesting and meaningful. We work in a flat team that values work-life balance, is family-friendly and financially rewarding. You will have the freedom to build a career in a supportive environment.
What You Will Do
- Conduct relevant research related to projects and source required data or information.
- Perform rigorous economic analysis of data and reports using both conceptual and quantitative approaches.
- Solve problems logically, creatively, and laterally, applying economic logic.
- Prepare high-quality written and visual documentation.
- Engage confidently and professionally with clients.
- Contribute towards opportunity scanning and writing proposals for new projects.
- Build our team’s intellectual resource base and share relevant knowledge and readings.
- Be adaptable to changes in our hybrid way of working between virtual and in-person settings.
- Market Genesis and the practice to ensure ongoing sustainability and extension of the business.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong masters’ level degrees in PPE, Economics, Politics, Business, International Relations, Development Studies,
- Sustainability or related fields (applicants with other exceptional postgraduate degrees (e.g., Honours degrees) in these fields may also be considered).
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Hungry for meaningful, purpose-driven work.
- Enthusiastic, ethical, respectful; intellectually curious; big picture conceptual thinker, well-read, with an informed interest in the world.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm