The Health Practice is looking for a new and dynamic intern to join the team and help its client develop solutions aimed at improving the health of populations throughout sub-Saharan Africa in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that the successful candidate will be due to commence a three-month fixed-term contract starting in February 2021.
What You Will Do
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of clearly thought out and logically written documentation.
- Vetting of all information to ensure accuracy.
- Ad hoc responsibilities related to your role in the team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, (Bio)Statistics, Demography.
- Experience with data visualization software e.g. Power BI desirable.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in STATA and Excel.
- Deep interest in public health matters and passion for mass societal development.
- Applicants who can obtain, process and make sense of large sets of data.
- Proactive self-starter with strong research, analytical and lateral thinking patterns.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform rigorous analysis of data and reports using both conceptual and quantitative approaches.
- Ability to perform relevant research related to projects to source required data.
- Ability to clean data sourced to make it project-specific and relevant.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Health, Statistics
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:19th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm