The Human Development team works for a world where everyone can develop to their full potential. We are focused on expanding meaningful rights and opportunities for people who are marginalized. Part of a Global African firm, we are particularly committed to children, women, and new people in Africa and the Middle East.
We help governments, their global partners, and private and non-state clients to improve the delivery of key human development services while navigating rapid changes in demography, climate, and technology, and the shock of Covid-19. We work in health, nutrition, and WaSH; youth, education and early childhood development; and social protection and social care. We provide services in diagnostics; regulation; strategy, planning and implementation; financing; service delivery; and monitoring and evaluation.
The Human Development team is constantly seeking to recruit and develop exceptional talent in human development. Graduates looking to explore Genesis on a short-term basis for instance before their master's degree or during a summer holiday - Should apply for the Intern roles. These roles can be undertaken from any of our offices and, if necessary, from home, for around 10 weeks.
We offer you a steep learning curve while providing an opportunity to make a difference. We will invest in your professional development. We offer meaningful work with professional, talented and supportive teams; and mentoring and regular feedback from high level colleagues. You will learn:
- How to structure and solve problems in a rigorous and collaborative way that actually leads to realizing value.
- How to work effectively in diverse, lean, agile and professional teams.
- How to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- About your own work styles and preferences.
What You Will Do
- You will work with Genesis colleagues in consulting teams to help our clients unlock and realize value in human development. In each project, you will help:
- Assess and structure the problem to be solved.
- Collect, organize, interpret, and analyze data and information.
- Test and refine hypotheses; and draft and communicate conclusions and recommendations, sometimes directly to the client. In some cases, you may be asked to travel to do this, with colleagues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Development Studies, Maths, Statistics or similar.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams in changing environments.
- Ability to solve problems through clear thinking, and strong analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
Other desirable skills and competencies include:
- Proficiency in other statistical packages, such as STATA.
- Proficiency with data visualization, presentation or design software.
- GIS skills.
- Languages relevant to Genesis’ geographies.
- The ideal Genesis candidate carries a balanced combination of powerful intellect, strong technical skills, and a consulting character to match. Such candidates:
- Are passionate, self-motivated and energetic problem-solvers.
- Value integrity and exhibit ethical behavior.
- Are analytical thinkers and fast learners with an excellent academic record.
- Job type:Internships
Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm