The Human Development team works with governments and private businesses to build human capital by improving education and health outcomes, ensuring a decent standard of living for all. Core areas focus on health, education, social protection, and WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene). The team's core areas of expertise include financing, mixed service delivery systems, and adaptive social systems. The Human Development team is looking for a bright mind to join the team on a short term basis.
What You Will Do
The core responsibilities of the intern will include, to:
- Collect, interpret and comprehend social sectors data from publicly available and proprietary datasets including OECD, CRS , iHME, World Bank, BOOST & WHO.
- Clean, manipulate and prepare raw data for analysis.
- Manipulate large datasets proficiently using intermediate and advanced analytic techniques.
- Ensure analysis is accurate, assumptions are clear and proactively communicate where any issues are anticipated or suspected.
- Develop recommendations for structuring and collecting data for analysis to support the development of sectors financing dashboards.
- Where relevant, identify new data sources that can provide relevant information and insights to projects.
- Use data to produce visual insights e.g. through the use of maps, dashboards, and other visualization tools.
- Write and prepare documentation, reports and presentations.
- Provide general support for projects, business development and internal team activities, as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Maths, Statistics, or similar.
- Proficiency in Stata and Excel (or equivalent other statistical package).
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- GIS skills.
- Candidates should have a deep interest in public policy, government frameworks, systems and process, as well as the private sector development for the purposes of societal gain.
- Candidates should be comfortable to work with colleagues in a face-to-face and virtual setting.
- The ability to collaborate across geographies is fundamental to our work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should be willing to travel for short periods of time (1-2 weeks) to countries to conduct fieldwork depending on project requirements.
- Applicants must be eligible to work and willing to be based in either one of the following countries: South Africa, Kenya, or the United Kingdom.
- Job type:Internships
Economics, Mathematics, Research and Development, Statistics
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:21st Apr 2021, 6:00 pm