At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.
Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines - from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
What You Will Do
As an intern in Gensler's Hong Kong office, you will join our creative student environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity from July 2022 and to August 2022.
You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
You will have an exciting opportunity to work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
- Being involved in creative projects such as Culture, Sports, Transportation, Innovative Offices and Urban Design with a focus on meaningful public realm.
- Explore how design can change the behavior of people in cities.
- Chances of collaborating with different Gensler Offices around the world, extending your network from Hong Kong out.
- Learn new software skills with a focus on Design Technology.
- Embed research into daily design/practice.
- Experience the life of an Architect/Designer in the world’s biggest design firm.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples).
- Experience using Revit required, , and/or BIM modeling software a plus.
- Experience with Auto CAD and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- 3-D computer rendering skills (Sketch Up, 3-D Max, and/or other modeling software).
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Rhino is a plus.
- You will be welcomed if you are curious, think out-of-box, analytical, research-oriented, agile and resourceful.
- Knowledgeable and cultivated of design trends and current thoughts.
If you are interested in utilizing grasshopper or other parametric software for data-driven analytics, please let us know to put you in one of our research endeavors!
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm