To enable the Pharmacist Intern to apply in practice his / her theoretical knowledge and also to gain practical experience within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Practical application of legal and ethical aspects of professional practice. Broad understanding of all activities within a pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities required to produce pharmaceuticals.
Works under the professional supervision of a registered pharmacist whilst rotating through various departments and value streams across the Site.
What You Will Do
GMP & Compliances:
- Works in manner that ensures products are manufactured to the required quality and compliance standards.
- Performs operational activities across Site following training, in compliance with applicable Pharmacy Act and Medicines Act requirements.
- Complies with applicable cGMP requirements.
- Assists in assuring the "In Place" and "In Use" status of GMP systems and procedures relating to the prevention of contamination, cross-contamination, mix-ups and maintenance of good documentation practices.
- Assists in ensuring compliance to relevant GSK policy and SOP’s.
- Liaises with the Production Pharmacist, Quality Assurance Manager and/or the Responsible Pharmacist regarding all product quality-related issues.
- Supports continuous quality improvement by participating in Quality-related trouble-shooting, problem solving and root cause investigations.
- Participates or completes additional activities including L1 Self Inspections, CAPA implementation, Change Control activities, etc as required.
- Assist with inventory management and stock control of scheduled and unscheduled pharmaceuticals.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of production personnel.
- Participates in ZDP (Zero Defect Promotion) Program.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS):
- Works in a safe manner & promotes safety on Site.
- Required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety.
- Carries out work in accordance with prescribed practices and procedures and in a manner that will not create health and safety hazards for either the employee or others in the workplace.
- Complies with and enforces use of EHS SOPs at operational level.
- Complies with and enforces regulations pertaining to dress code and safety equipment at operational level.
- Participates in ZAP (Zero Accident Promotion) Program.
- Assists in executing Operational activities in accordance with agreed supply plan.
- Assists with compliance related activities in order to deliver the production schedule.
- Assists in supervising various stages of production.
- Assists in completing batch documentation.
- Assists in Line Clearance checks, Line Opening checks, etc.
- Participates and may initiate trouble-shooting, problem solving and resolution of any obstacles in achieving agreed supply plan.
- Assists in investigating reconciliation discrepancies or other quality problems.
- Perform all tasks and duties within the GPS framework.
- Carries out relevant non-specific duties across the Site as requested.
- Performs Administrative Activities e.g. day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Assist with collection, collation and maintenance of information and data.
- Is an active team member by working cooperatively and effectively within the team.
- Uses various computer systems in the execution of duties e.g. BPCS, email, Track Wise, etc.
- Communicates well with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of B Pharm or BSc Pharm.
- Registered as a Pharmacist Intern with the South African Pharmacy Council.
- No experience required.
- Good Interpersonal Skills.
- Good Organizational Skills.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Uses Initiative and is self motivated.
- Excellent Numeracy and Accuracy Skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadline.
- Ability to work overtime and shift work if required.
- An understanding and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Principles.
- An understanding, knowledge and applicability of the Regulatory (MCC) requirements within a manufacturing environment.
- An understanding and knowledge of the Site and Value Stream's EHS and QMS requirements.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of various compliance procedures e.g. Line Clearance, Line Opening, etc.
- A good understanding of the GlaxoSmithKline Production System, the GPS standards and its integrated approach.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages – Excel, Powerpoint & Word.
- Balance the demands for supply with that of Regulatory, Quality & Safety requirements - see GSK Judgment Ladder.
- Performs a variety of tactical routines, some of which are diverse, e.g. Line Clearance, Line Opening, etc under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Independent Thinking - This position is highly governed by policy and procedures; however opportunity exists for independent thinking relating to improvement of processes and systems.
- The job holder must be capable of using his own initiative, be progressive in approach and understand his/her limitations in terms of the Regulatory / QMS /EHS requirements.
- Compliance with Pharmacy Act 53 of 1974 and Medicines & Related Substances Act 101 of 1965 requirements.
- Comply to GMP, safety (product and personal) and relevant regulatory authorities.
- Escalates problems due to poor performance on specific lines.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:15th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm