GGGI’s Carbon Pricing Unit is hiring an Associate who can support the delivery of the MATS Program through development of capacity building materials for government and other stakeholders, through the coordination of knowledge sharing both within and outside of GGGI, and on the general delivery of the program.
The Associate will report to the MATS Program Manager.
The Associate will assist the MATS Program Manager and MATS Country Leads to support program countries in understanding and developing institutional frameworks required to participate in international carbon trading under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. The Associate will primarily be responsible for developing capacity building materials, with the guidance of the MATS Program Manager.
The Associate will also be responsible for ensuring knowledge materials (presentations, trainings, reports, etc.) are consistent across GGGI's carbon pricing programs, and will support on sharing of knowledge to GGGI staff and outside of GGGI. The Associate will also provide support to program management activities, as required.
The individual shall work primarily with the Carbon Pricing Unit in GGGI HQ, but will engage and collaborate with GGGI country teams.
What You Will Do
- Support the MATS Program Manager and MATS Country Leads in the development of capacity building materials related to Article 6 of the Paris Agreement, including presentations, reports, surveys and quizzes, etc.
- Develop coherent, logical, simple and visually attractive capacity building materials in PowerPoint and Word format, considering how to best engage participants.
- Support the preparation and logistical planning for capacity building events.
- Support the documentation of results (preparing minutes, lists of attendance, quality surveys, among others).
- Serve as the leading custodian of program deliverables and knowledge products.
- Take a proactive role in organizing, version controlling & archiving documents in a systematic manner.
- Support the Carbon Pricing Unit in synthesizing, codifying, and disseminating experiences gained through GGGI's carbon pricing programs.
- Provide analytical support to the development and dissemination of flagship/core knowledge products in carbon pricing.
- Assisting the MATS Program Manager in producing various program related communication deliverables (i.e. program communications plan, event write up, press release, story of change, presentations on project achievements).
- Develop desk research on relevant information related to the Program and prepare brief notes and summary documents of technical information.
- Be updated on news and releases of technical inputs from the UNFCCC and other relevant institutions and share updates to the CPU team.
- Assist the MATS Program Manager in drafting various program related documentation.
- Coordinate meeting schedules with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend relevant meetings, draft minutes, and ensure timely clearance and distribution.
- Collaborate with other units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activity opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as 'One GGGI'.
Required Skills and Abilities
- An advanced university degree in Environmental Economics or Policy, Development, Environmental Law, International Business, or other related disciplines related to Green Growth, Sustainable Development in Energy, Waste Management or Sustainable Transport or equivalent post graduate professional work experience.
- Work Experience - Preferably 1-3 years of professional experience with a public or private sector organization.
- Experience in developing presentations, reports and other documentation to a very high standard.
- Knowledge of climate change issues and the Paris Agreement is an asset.
- Experience in developing countries context is an asset.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written English with non-native English speakers.
GGGI needs a person who can bring more than knowledge and passion to the role - Someone who has the grit and resilience to do this work, someone who is proactive, dynamic and able to work together with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate is a skillful team member with an ability to interact within and beyond GGGI, a thoughtful communicator, a deep thinker, and a diplomatic change agent who understands the dynamics and tensions in this kind of diverse, global landscape.
The individual should be:
- Able to quickly understand complex issues.
- Excellent in knowledge development.
- A problem solver, ready to anticipate and provide necessary support to the team leader and those who need support.
- Keen on maintaining a high degree of professional integrity.
- Curious about new environments and new countries.
- Able to effectively communicate, listen to others, and create and promote an environment for open communication.
- Able to work effectively with other teams of a high degree of cultural/professional diversity.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:11th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm