The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (also called "Grow Green" Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds.
The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provides assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment.
We are looking for a talented individual to work with us in the Carbon Pricing Unit (CPU) in Seoul HQ to support the design and implementation of a communication strategy and development of communication materials for the CPU.
What You Will Do
- Presenting technical issues in a comprehensive way for a non-technical audience. The topics are related to carbon finance solutions in 8 countries in the world (Cambodia, Colombia, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Morocco, Nepal, Senegal, and Vietnam). Deliverables might include short videos, flyers, and brochures.
- Finding and using channels to disseminate information about the Carbon Pricing programs to different stakeholder groups. Advertising articles, papers, technical reports, workshops, relevant meetings, among others. Deliverables include social media feed, blog, and website entries.
- Refreshing the graphic design of our products. Deliverables might include improving the design of slides and infographics.
- The intern will experience a diverse and professional environment and will benefit from mentorship, development of challenging professional tasks and daily interactions with other colleagues.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to the Institute’s work.
- Possess an excellent command of English.
- Understanding of the global climate crisis, global climate agreements (e.g. Paris Agreement) and the role of economic instruments to reduce it.
- Background in communications, journalism, graphic design, or related.
- Academic, work, or personal experience on translating difficult technical concepts into understandable knowledge materials.
- Creativity and initiative applied to social media, graphic and video resources.
- Familiarity with design software (e.g., InDesign/ Illustrator/Photoshop) and web design.
- Strong command of written English (native level).
- Job type:Internships
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:13th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm