The Global Green Growth Institute internship program (also called "Grow Green" Program) provides a unique learning opportunity for students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds.
The program is designed for talented and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to GGGI’s operations. The program allows selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the Institute and provides assistance and training in various professional fields in a multicultural environment.
We are looking for a talented individual to work with us in the Green Investment Services Department to perform data collection and analysis, arranging documentation, and conducting applied research related to climate finance. The primary aim of this assignment is to figure out how climate finance was transferred to sectoral policies and projects in GGGI member countries to achieve Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) under the Paris Agreement.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research activities which includes desk research on the NDCs of GGGI member countries and related policies/projects, analysis on the flow of climate finances towards these policies/projects targeted to reach the NDCs.
- Support the drafting of reports and development of supplementing figures and tables.
Provide any other support in technical assessment and arranging documentation, as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s (final year), Master’s or PhD program prior to internship assignment, or a recent graduate within the last 12 months.
- Degree or major in Economics, Climate Change, Finance, Sociology, Statistics or a related subject.
- Experience on conducting research in the fields of environmental/climate economics, energy economics, macro-economics, sustainable energy, green finance and investment, climate change mitigation/adaptation, or related fields.
- Be engaged or recently engaged in academic study in a field directly related to the Institute’s work.
- Possess an excellent command of English.
- Familiarity with the Paris Agreement and the notion of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics, Statistics
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:19th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm