CAID’s programmes on “Socio-economic benefits Assessment” and “Low Emission Development Strategies” aim to support GGGI countries to adopt enhanced National Determined Contributions (NDCs) and ambitious Long Term- Low Emission Development Strategies based on research, analysis and advisory services.
If you are thinking of entering the world of international organizations and green growth, an internship at the GGGI could be the ideal start for you. The objective of the internship is to give you a first-hand experience of the day-to-day working at GGGI.
The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on GGGI’s current operational needs. GGGI welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
You will be given an opportunity to work directly with outstanding and inspiring Green Growth professionals, participate in workshops and meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as innovative rethinking on sustainable green growth. Interns will be selected based on merit and cannot be children or siblings of current GGGI staff members.
We are looking for a talented individual to work closely with the “Low Emission Development Strategies” and “Socio-economic benefits Assessment” work programmes in the Climate Action and Inclusive Development (CAID) team performing data collection and analysis, reporting, developing tools, models and guidelines, arranging documentation and conducting applied research in the field of economics of low carbon and climate-resilient growth.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research activities relevant to the economics of low carbon and climate-resilient growth. The research activities will cover the following thematic areas - Low carbon measures economic and employment assessment, cost-benefit and marginal abatement cost analysis of low carbon growth measures.
- Model of socio-economic benefits of low carbon growth and climate-resilient actions and policies.
- Review, analyze and support the development of Long term - Low Emission Development Strategies and the enhancement of National Determined Contributions in different GGGI countries.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to GGGI’s resource mobilization effort related activities such as the identification of potential resource opportunities, development of GGGI’s promotional material and project proposal development and acquisition.
- Contribute to GGGI’s project implementation, support ongoing research, and, writing reports, policy papers, preparing presentations and producing research memos and other briefing materials in the field of the Macroeconomic analysis of Low carbon and climate-resilient Growth.
- Support planning and delivery of regional and global workshops and conferences targeted to both internal and external audiences.
- Support the establishment of partnerships with knowledge-based Institutes and International Organizations in the field of Green Growth research and knowledge sharing.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Enrolled in a Master's or in a PhD program.
- Completed Masters or PhD Degree in the last 12 months.
- Experience on conducting research in the fields of environmental/climate economics, energy economics, macro-economics, sustainable energy, green finance and investment, climate change mitigation/ adaptation, or related fields.
- Strong skills and experience on using Microsoft excel spreadsheets for data analysis is required.
- Direct experience working for or with an international organization and/or supporting or working in developing countries is a strength.
- Fluency in English with exceptional writing skills in English.
- Good knowledge of any of the following quantitative methods Cost - Benefit Analysis, Marginal Abatement Cost Analysis, Input – Output analysis, scenario development and modelling (including system dynamics) or energy modeling (such as LEAP and TIMES) will be an asset.
- A strong, clear understanding of green and low carbon growth challenges and opportunities in developing countries, as well as global trends related to green, low carbon and climate - Resilient growth; direct knowledge of or experience in low carbon and climate- resilient growth activities is an added strength.
- Ability to work with people and teams reflecting diverse backgrounds and skills in a dynamic, international work environment.
- Job type:Internships
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm