Research happens across Google every day, in many different teams. Our research has already impacted user-facing services across Google including Search, Maps and Photos, and is central to the success of Google Cloud and our planet-scale computing, storage, and networking infrastructure.
We do research differently here at Google. Research Scientists aren't cloistered in the lab, but instead they work closely with Software Engineers to discover, invent, and build at the largest scale. Ideas may come from internal projects, as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Research Scientists and Software Engineers work on challenges in machine perception, machine learning infrastructure, and natural language understanding. You'll stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers.
What You Will Do
Participate in cutting edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience (classroom/work) in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Architecture and ML Framework, Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization.
- Experience with Python, C++ and other general purpose program languages.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as an author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.).
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
- Available to start in June 2021 for a 12-week internship.
- Job type:Internships
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:6th May 2021, 6:00 pm