Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale.
As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges that require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products, and services.
The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating the Google corporate network reliably and at scale. You will be a network engineer with large enterprise experience managing and supporting both traditional and software-defined networking (SDN) space.
Behind everything, our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
What You Will Do
- Participate in rotating on-call or interrupts schedules with other members of the team, including weekends.
- Support multi-vendor, open flow SDN-based IPv4/v6 network, including both wired and wireless connectivity.
- Identify, define and update operational requirements to adopt new technology into operations in collaboration with Engineering, Architecture, and Developers.
- Identify network operational and implementation issues, determine and recommend appropriate solutions in partnership with Engineering, Operations, Deployment and, Developers.
- Create, maintain and review operational and deployment best practices across teams.
- Drive efficiencies through automation and perform code reviews.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Operational experience with enterprise-class routers and switches.
- Working experience of network hardware (routers, switches) architectures, including backplane and ASIC functionality and distributed architectures.
- Familiarity with concepts of OpenFlow, FORCES, and software-defined networking.
- Working knowledge of networking and application protocols like Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, and HTTP.
- Working knowledge of Python or other scripting languages.
- Authorization to legally work in the US.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Sunnyvale (United States...
- Closing Date:23rd Apr 2020, 6:00 pm