Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information on a massive scale and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Software Engineer, you will work hands-on with scientists and engineers in one of the most advanced image quality labs built. You will also research, learn, build, and deploy camera systems that will excite users across the world!
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, implement and optimize algorithms for Google products.
- Develop new algorithms to improve the image/video quality (SNR, color reproduction, stabilization, facial enhancements) or enable new photography features.
- Develop auto white balance, auto exposure, autofocus, auto flicker detection/correction, auto scene detection algorithms for Google products.
- Work cross-functionally with hardware teams to support algorithm implementation and optimization.
- Integrate imaging simulation controls, image analysis, and data visualization.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with camera automatic control algorithm development implementation (i.e. auto white balance, autofocus, auto exposure, auto flicker detection/correction, auto scene detection).
- Experience in GPU, Halide, or other functional languages.
- Experience in computer vision/machine learning, image processing, or computer graphics.
- Experience in computational photography or ISP (3A and image enhancement algorithms) development.
- Interest in consumer cameras and photography.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Electrical
San Francisco (United...
- Closing Date:23rd Apr 2020, 6:00 pm