Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information on a massive scale and extend well beyond web search.
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Software Engineer working on Google's infrastructure, you have the opportunity to work on everything from the core platform that runs the world's largest distributed network to redefining the systems that allow applications and services to provide useful information to billions of users around the globe. From our Data Center software groups to Google's Cloud Platform, Gmail to YouTube, our infrastructure engineers across departments wrestle with the vast scale of a ubiquitous system, its products, and services and revolutionize industry-leading technologies to handle the sheer magnitude at which Google operates.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
What You Will Do
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large scale storage systems.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- 1-year of relevant work experience in software development.
- Professional coding experience in C/C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience in concurrency, multithreading, and synchronization.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming.
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security.
- Interest or exposure to networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
San Francisco (United...
- Closing Date:23rd Apr 2020, 6:00 pm