This role is intended for candidates exploring opportunities to develop skills, gain exposure to practical work related and explore career paths to software engineering. This internship is intended for students who are currently pursuing an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree program in Computer Science or a related field with an anticipated graduation date after December 2021, depending on their program and unique circumstances.
Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building. The Software Engineering Internship program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal - Which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the bad actors of the internet. We drive reliability and performance on a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services; from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure.
We offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across North America, including the US and Canada. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
As a Software Engineering intern, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. As a key member of a versatile team, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile, and enthusiastic in addressing new problems as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions as you grow and evolve during your internship
What You Will Do
- Specific responsibilities vary by project area.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in an Associate, Bachelor, or Master degree program and or post-secondary or training experience with a focus on subjects in Software Development or other technical related field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from - Inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience working with some of the following - Web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, or security software development.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time and returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Job type:Internships
California (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 6:00 pm