This opportunity is only for students who are available for at least 20 weeks from July to December 2021 for internship.
You can now apply for our 2021 Internship program, running from July to December. Our internships are designed to provide real-world experience that enables you to put everything you've learned into action and give you an opportunity to join us in driving South East Asia forward, together.
The PR team is responsible for telling the Grab story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and online influencers, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the PR team is the voice of Grab. The team works closely with all business verticals to promote and protect Grab's reputation and brand.
Grab has transformed from a ride-hailing app to SEA’s leading super app. Core businesses in Singapore include food delivery, payments and financial services. New and relevant everyday services like hotels and videos were also launched to cater to our customers’ lifestyle needs.
This is a rare opportunity to experience an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment, and learn how communications is framed to shape and help target audience understand the brand better.
What You Will Do
Get to know the Role:
- Provide assistance with the execution of company’s public relations strategy.
- Support the regional communications team in developing, copyediting and proofreading written content for internal and external audiences (i.e., press releases, awards submissions, media invites, newsletters etc.).
- Assist in trendspotting and trend jacking. to help in developing creative and engaging content to bring Grab’s story to life
Conceptualize creative outreach ideas and develop creative assets for traditional and online media as well as social influencers.
- Contribute to the development of a strategic communications plan.
- Assist with event planning and support (including logistics, on-site staffing, development of collateral, promotions, etc.).
- Assist in monitoring of news and development of coverage reports.
- Conduct industry research and market analysis, including maintaining a database of relevant events, industry developments and editorial calendars.
- Provide assistance with the execution of company’s PR strategy.
The day-to-day activities:
- Gain real-world experience and hone skills in PR fundamentals - e.g., research, writing, media relations etc.
- Understand where a PR function sits within a company and the role it plays.
- Learn how PR strategies and plans are put together and execute.
- Learning the role of PR and communications in corporate environment.
- Understand how to position brand and set effective messages.
- Learning how to prepare and manage spokespersons.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Have a strong attention to detail with good organization skills.
- Able to research & compile relevant information, provide strategic analysis, present and initiate ideas.
- Possess a flair for creative campaign ideation, copywriting and design and development of executive presentations.
- Proficiency in photo and video editing tools, social apps and prior experience in creative content production would be a plus.
- Prior internship experience at a public relations agency or in a corporate communications department would be a plus.
- Candidates with a Mass Communications or Marketing background are preferred, although all candidates will be considered.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Marketing and Sales
- Closing Date:7th May 2021, 6:00 pm