At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs - Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Team:
We are a forward-looking team that's actively shaping the future of technology and society in Southeast Asia.
Grab’s Public Affairs team builds partnerships with governments in support of national policy agendas, engages constructively with government and other stakeholders on public policy discussions, and drives initiatives to harness the positive potential of technology to create impact in Southeast Asia.
What You Will Do
You can now apply for our Public Affairs Summer Internship, running from May to August 2022. Our internships are designed to provide real-world experience that enables you to put everything you've learned into action and give you an opportunity to join us in driving South East Asia forward together.
Support strategy implementation for Grab’s public affairs teams:
- Work with Grab’s regional and/or country public affairs teams to analyze and provide insights on public policy issues, develop positions and recommendations to advance Grab’s social mission.
- Develop and execute strategic action plans and initiatives related to Grab’s public affairs objectives.
- Coordinate and work with other teams at Grab to develop and execute public affairs-related plans and initiatives.
Interns in Public Affairs have the opportunity to perform their internships in different team, including but not limited to the following areas:
Support Grab’s thought leadership efforts on public affairs:
- Support research on public policy issues that are at the intersection of technology and society.
- Work with other teams at Grab to develop and execute campaigns that drive thought leadership in our markets, e.g., planning of dialogues and roundtable discussions.
- Develop various thought leadership collateral and materials, e.g., policy position papers.
Develop partnerships with government, community and private stakeholders in support of Grab’s public affairs and thought leadership work:
- Coordinate between external partners and internal teams to execute partnership initiatives.
- Research and synthesis of key insights applicable to business.
- Structuring key messages for target audience.
- Project management skills.
- Communication skills - written and verbal communication.
- Able to understand / identify business impact from policy topics.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate or Masters student in either of the following: Public Policy, Business Admin / Management, International Relations, Economics, Communications, Marketing, Political Science, Social Science, or other relevant courses.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in policy issues that relate to the technology industry and Grab’s business.
- Must be comfortable working under pressure and can execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have a strong self-starter and proactive attitude, with the ability to work through constraints and deliver high-quality results.
- Passionate about making a positive impact in Southeast Asia.
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Communications, Economics, Management, Marketing and...
- Closing Date:22nd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm