As a Valuation & Modelling Intern, your primary responsibility will be executing high quality projects and services from beginning to end under the supervision of experienced Valuation & Modelling leadership.
Interns are expected to aid project teams with deliverables, perform detailed financial analysis, and build strong working relationships with clients. In addition, as a Valuation & Modelling Intern, you will focus on continuously developing your technical and professional skills to grow and expand your role in the Valuation & Modelling practice.
What You Will Do
- Gain an understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and utilize that knowledge to add value on Valuation & Modelling engagement.
- Perform market company and industry research in connection with ongoing engagements and business development activities.
- Perform detailed financial analysis and interpret various financial and operational information.
- Assist with engagement administration including engagement set up.
- Work closely with the project team to promptly resolve client issues.
- Perform professional business and tangible and intangible asset valuations.
- Oversee and perform data and document-intensive financial analysis and modeling/projections, economic and statistical analysis, valuation analysis, and industry research.
- Oversee and perform research related to engagements as well as document management, referencing from source documents to analysis, and file preparation.
- Write opinion letters and reports.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Maintain active communication with engagement team regarding interim and final deadline, percent of completion, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s, MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics and related fields.
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites (as needed).
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects.
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- High level of expertise with computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Highly analytical with expertise in financial analysis and modeling, econometrics, statistics, and regression analysis.
- Desire to pursue applicable professional certifications (e.g. CPA, ASA, CFA, ABV, CIRA, CTP, CDBV, PMP or CSCP).
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Chicago (United States...
- Closing Date:6th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm