Our culture is built on a genuine interest in our clients – Their challenges, growth ambitions and wider commercial context. You get the attention you deserve from approachable, experienced professionals who ask the right questions, listen and provide real insight and a clear point of view.
A relationship-led approach with more time and attention from partners and experienced advisers. A deeper understanding of your business for more meaningful advice and recommendations.
The tax department is a strategic division within SNG Grant Thornton Advisory which specializes in corporate tax advisory, compliance assistance, indirect, international tax advisory, transfer pricing and tax technologies. The different disciplines work together in all engagements to ensure that the best tax advice that adheres to the entities best risk practice is provided.
Our Business Consulting team supports the organization with a wide range of services. These include:
- Income Tax.
- Individual and Employees’ Tax.
- Controversy and Advisory.
- Transfer Pricing.
What You Will Do
- Review or preparation of tax computations including deferred tax for financial reporting purposes.
- Audit of tax balances (current tax and deferred tax) in the Annual Financial Statements.
- Review and preparation of tax returns including ITR14, IT14SD, IRP6, VAT 201’s, EMP 201’s, EMP 501 and IT12 and supporting schedules prepared by the clients for submission to SARS.
- SARS registration including VAT, Income tax and PAYE.
- Provision of tax advice (tax opinions) on corporate restructuring, capital gain tax, cross border transactions.
- Lodging of disputes with SARS, including Notice of Objection, Notice of Appeal, Waiver of Penalties and Interest.
- Tax residency determination (domestic and tax treaty).
- Inbound Interrogation of IRP5 data of foreign workers in South Africa (e.g. validity of fringe benefits.
- Outbound Interrogation of IRP5 data (e.g. validity of payroll salary gross-ups and fringe benefits).
- Company policy review of payroll packages for South African employees working abroad – Outbound (e.g. payroll system accuracy, gross-ups and fringe benefits).
- Company policy review of payroll packages for foreign employees working in South Africa – Inbound (e.g. payroll tax system accuracy, gross-ups and fringe benefits).
- VAT control account adjustments (e.g. delayed inputs due to lack of documentation or flawed/partially omitted invoices).
- VAT apportionment adjustments.
- Ancillary VAT return work: Reconciliation of financials to VAT outputs.
- Perform a review of Value Added Tax, Employees’ tax and Income Tax.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BCom Hons Degree in Taxation.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm