The primary responsibility of Technical Sales is to contribute to the development of sales and customer service by providing technical support and to produce quality quotations. Quotations must be optimized to meet the needs of the sales force and the clients.
What You Will Do
- Create Quotations with higher technical requirements.
- Ensuring opportunities are loaded within decided guidelines.
- Follow-up on quotations done and driven with external sales within decided guidelines.
- Ensuring all quotations are closed within the agreed period.
- Assisting customers with technical issues with regards to product on the phone.
- Key role is to maximize profitable sales, finding a product that meets the customers’ needs whilst presenting the offer in a professional manner.
- Understanding of the customers’ requirements via various communication channels: Phone, Fax or email.
- Competent knowledge of product features, advantages and benefits to be able to professionally represent these to customers.
- Create Quotation from RFQ.
- Follow up on Quotations.
- Log opportunities.
- Ensuring the technical inbox is managed within the agreed time frame.
- Liaising with the factories all over the world on more technical enquiries.
- Calculating pricing for quotations.
- Managing customer complaints in CRM.
- Configuring part numbers in SAP.
- Analysing margin and GRP index when quoting.
- Giving customers assistance with GPC on the phone.
- Follow and adhere to business processes.
- Work with existing IT systems in a manner that uses the system efficiently and work to the required standards.
- AD HOC - Participate in ad hoc tasks defined by the line manager.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree or Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
- Highly technical competence level within defined areas.
- Basic CRM knowledge within the related work area.
- Basic & Advanced Hydraulics.
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting deadlines are a key task.
- Detail oriented.
- Specialist profile.
- Acceptable degree of business acumen.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:3rd Dec 2018, 6:00 pm