Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Do you have an interest in Analytical Chemistry where you can develop your technical and troubleshooting skills?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
Due to the nature of this program, only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Resident will be eligible to apply.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
To provide quality control activities for R&D campaigns, including the following:
- Carry out all laboratory activities in a cGxP manner (e.g., ALCOA-CCEA) as per R&D and site quality procedures.
- Generate, review and/or approve analytical test results to support release/rejection of finished substances by Quality Assurance.
- Generate analytical test results for raw materials, intermediates, and packaging components.
- Review and/or approve analytical test results to support release/rejection of raw materials, intermediates, and packaging components.
- Generate, review and/or approve cleaning verification/validation analytical test results to release manufacturing equipment for clinical use.
- Author OOS/Atypical reports for material results.
- Author specifications, sampling instructions, methods, training materials, and other quality control procedures.
- Validate of analytical methods (e.g., cleaning method validation).
- Validate (e.g., IQ/OQ/PQ) new instruments to appropriate standards.
- Competent knowledge of all relevant R&D and Jurong GMS procedures.
- Maintain (e.g., calibrate) analytical laboratory equipment as per GSK standards.
- Maintain an up-to-date individual training record.
- Support training of new team members and visiting Analytical Chemists.
- Support the training of any new analytical staff (e.g., Contract Analyst).
- Support writing and review of regulatory dossiers filings, as appropriate.
- Participate in GMP audits and ensure corrective actions are timely closed out.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Min. qualification - Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences related discipline.
- Demonstrate commitment to cGMP and EHS compliance.
- Excellent self-motivated team player with hands-on attitude and good communication skills.
- Ability to understand, apply and evaluate basic analytical principles.
- Ability and willingness to work any shift in support of operations that may include 24/7.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing, Science
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm