Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
What You Will Do
To supervise, execute and monitor activities within an assigned work area/system to ensure reliable and optimal operation of processes, equipment, utilities and facilities to achieve target production levels/ operating cost within the framework of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), quality, safety, occupational hygiene and environmental protection.
To support in the implementation of Jurong Sustainability Projects.
- To initiate change control, plan and participate in the implementation of capital projects, plant modification, project commissioning and tie-in.
- To support commissioning activities for the safe start-up of system.
- To identify areas of improvement to plant facilities, processes, methods of operations as well as troubleshooting the processes and equipment problems to ensure greater operating efficiency.
- To prepare documents relating to systems, such as Local Operating Instructions (LOI), Local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and training manual.
- To provide training for operators for new systems or changes implemented.
- To support cross functional coordination for the execution of changes/projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
Candidates with Chemical Engineering degree with competencies as below:
- Able to work in a cross functional team to deliver the project with smooth handover to operations.
- Able to apply technical knowledge to implement practical solutions to problems.
- Able to implement modification works and projects with desired outcomes within specified timeline and safety requirements.
- Able to provide necessary information and participate as user representative, increase technical knowledge.
- Able to conduct a thorough RCA.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
- Closing Date:23rd Sep 2021, 6:00 pm