Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme - Communications and Government Affairs:
- Education required – Bachelor's Degree, open to all faculties with preference for candidates with background in Communications.
- Language requirement - Written and spoken fluency in English. Written or spoken mandarin a bonus, but not essential.
- Application deadline - 22 September 2021. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
- Assessment center date - October or November 2021.
- Program Start date - September 2022.
- Mobility - We are looking for candidates who are mobile as some of the rotations may require the FLP to be based in another market.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Communications and Government Affairs:
Are you a graduate with strong influencing skills who can help communicate our values, our product and business developments, in a clear and compelling way?
In this role, you’ll help us protect and enhance our reputation both inside and outside our company. You’ll also ensure our story is told correctly and consistently for all our 3 businesses - Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare – to employees and those outside the company.
Develop your leadership potential on our Future Leaders graduate programme:
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll equip you with the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over two years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll undertake rotations that give you experience across internal and external communications, at both a local and regional level.
Your rotations will be stretching, but we’ll support you every step of the way with formal and informal learning, as well as coaching.
You’ll improve your communication, analytical and influencing skills while gaining valuable leadership training in the healthcare industry.
What You Will Do
- Support business leaders with their internal engagement with employees – town halls, blogs etc.
- Work with colleagues across different markets to ensure consistency of messaging and content.
- Provide counsel to business leaders on comms and messaging best practice.
- Support leaders with external engagements as appropriate e.g. media meetings, conferences.
Tailored training – and great career progression:
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. The skills you learn on our Future Leaders programme can be used across many areas of our business and, potentially, many countries. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Honing your skills and knowledge of internal and external communications and government affairs on a tailored development programme.
- Being involved in our digital activity both internally and on our social media channels.
- Leading cross-functional teams, crafting key messages, influencing and presenting.
- Managing projects and prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Analysing and interpreting information that helps you understand healthcare trends and insights.
Required Skills and Abilities
- To be a talented, ambitious, self-motivated, inquisitive graduate.
- The ability to interpret complex healthcare information.
- To be a team player who works well under pressure.
- To be digitally fluent, with strong communication and influencing skills.
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who do not have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation.
If you have already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2021, 6:00 pm