Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Do you have an interest in Instrumentation where you can develop your technical and troubleshooting skills?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
Due to the nature of this program, only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Resident will be eligible to apply.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
Set-up, maintain and repair Pilot Plant Equipment and Instrument to maximise plant availability and minimise product changeover times within the framework of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and EHS.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and repairing all instruments and equipment in the Pilot Plant.
- Decide on the trouble shooting approach to be taken and determine whether external resources (i.e. mechanical, instrument, automation or electrical) are required.
- Coordinate external resources, to trouble shoot and repair equipment and instruments.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out safely, cost effectively and to a very high quality.
- Assist Mechanical Technicians in disassembling and re-assembling activities associated with equipment cleanouts to allow product changeovers.
- Calibrate and set-up instruments prior to new product campaigns.
- Install and set-up instruments associated with mobile Pilot Plant equipment.
- Carry out implementation activities for minor plant modifications and capital projects, in line with defined specifications and budget.
- Communicate with the Shift Superintendent to prioritise the various maintenance and trouble shooting activities to be performed and report on the progress of all actions and on any escalation activities performed.
- Liaise with shift based Instrument Technicians on other plants, as well as with mechanical and electrical technicians, the Automation Team and external contractors when external maintenance resources are required.
- Recommend spares to be kept as stock and tools to be purchased.
- Take personal responsibility for quality in all aspects of maintenance work that impact product quality.
- All work to be carried out in accordance to the permit-to-work system.
- Prepare Instrument trouble shooting and maintenance procedures.
- Train the Pilot Plant Mechanical Technicians in basic Instrument maintenance and trouble shooting activities.
- Ensure the cost effectiveness of all maintenance jobs by initiating and implementing Lean Sigma activities focusing on instrument reliability and maintenance standardisation.
- Provide timely technical advice to other departments to assist in continuous improvement processes.
- Ability to interpret and apply Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) knowledge.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have at least NTC/ITC/Diploma in Engineering, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Bio-processing related disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to cGMP, EHS compliance aspects of clean-room plant operation.
- Excellent self-motivated team player with hands-on attitude and good communication skills.
- Ability to understand, apply and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and physical principles.
- Ability and willingness to work any shift in support of operations that may include 24/7.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Pharmacy and...
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm