Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Do you have an interest in Production where you can develop your technical and troubleshooting skills?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
Due to the nature of this program, only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Resident will be eligible to apply.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
This position reports to the Production Superintendent and is an integral member of Production Shift Team. GSK is committed to an employee-orientated, high-performance culture that emphasizes process automation, quality compliance and continuous improvement.
Trainee to be involved in:
- To execute key process operations in accordance to established batch instructions and schedule to make APIs and intermediates as well as plant changeover.
- To learn Process and Workplace Safety and cGMP knowledge for manufacturing and to demonstrate understanding during execution.
- To identify opportunity for improvements and able to carry out short term improvement projects to achieve benefit.
- Inspects and maintains house-keeping of his assigned area for clean and safe working conditions as well as ensuring that personal protection equipment and safety equipment are maintained ready for use.
- Perform plant trouble shooting using appropriate problem- solving tool to minimize plant stoppages and safety or quality incidents.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have at least ITE/ Diploma in Chemical Process/ Technology/ Engineering related.
- Good communication skills with ability to read, write and speak English well.
- Ability and willingness to work on 8hours rotating shifts.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Information Technology
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm