Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Do you have an interest in Analytical Chemistry where you can develop your technical and troubleshooting skills?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
Due to the nature of this program, only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Resident will be eligible to apply.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
- Liaise with the R&D project team to stay up to date with process development and to assess the process to fit to Pilot Plant.
- Liaise with the R&D process engineers and agree with the scale of operation and suitable plant and equipment in which to run the process. Evaluate the process in detail with the process engineer to ensure that any engineering requirements are incorporated into the Batch Record.
- Co-ordination and execution of the pre campaign review meeting.
- Write the Batch Record documents ensuring that the requirements of the API chemists, process engineers, process safety scientist, cGMP and project leader are all accommodated.
- Co-ordination and execution of the batch record review meeting with project team and Pilot Plant team.
- Provide technical cover (running in-process checks and controls as required) during the processing period.
- Write the Cleaning Record and cleaning limit documents ensuring that the plant is turnaround with sufficient cleaning. Lead the pre-cleaning meeting with the process engineer, operation, analytical.
- Co-ordinate the cleaning activity post manufacturing.
- Perform visual inspection and swab testing to release the plant equipment for next use.
- Provide process chemistry training and other relevant trainings for Pilot Plant team.
- Review all the batch documentation post manufacturing. Assessing any process deviations. Initiate, participate or lead investigations when appropriate.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor Degree in Chemistry related disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to cGMP, Quality & EHS compliance aspects of API manufacturing.
- Excellent self-motivated team player with hands-on attitude and good communication skills.
- Ability to understand, apply and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and physical principles.
- Keen to learn as an individual contributor as well as a team player.
- Ability to interact with inspectors (internal and external).
- Regulatory knowledge.
- Understanding of analytical methods.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing, Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm