Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Do you have an interest in Analytical Chemistry where you can develop your technical and troubleshooting skills?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
Due to the nature of this program, only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Resident will be eligible to apply.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
What You Will Do
To support and test Value Stream specific raw materials, final product and factory samples (such as water samples, plant cleaning samples and recovered solvents) in accordance to written procedures and methods.
- Conduct chemical testing of incoming raw materials, plant samples and final product samples.
- Conduct micro testing for APIs, production water and specific raw materials.
- Manage the receipt, storage, retrieval and disposal of retained samples and reference standards in accordance to written procedure.
- Review and release specific raw materials in accordance with the relevant procedures for use in production campaigns.
- Update and monitor the quality trends and inform laboratory chemists on any abnormality observed to enable immediate corrective action.
- Maintenance of laboratory instruments through proper usage, and perform basic troubleshooting of laboratory instrument malfunctions so as to minimize equipment and testing downtime.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping duties including disposal of laboratories chemical and solid waste.
- Perform calibration check for analytical instruments used in laboratory testing.
- Participate and contribute in root cause analysis during laboratory investigation.
- Perform daily activities in compliance with procedures, and to follow company safety guidelines and requirements.
- Support continuous improvement in laboratory areas and processes.
- Support safety risk assessment for laboratory testing activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Min. qualification - Diploma in Chemical Process Technology or equivalent.
- Nitec in relevant discipline, with a minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Good knowledge of GMP.
- Good knowledge of analytical equipment capabilities and operational needs.
- Good knowledge of analytical techniques.
Business / Personal Soft Skills:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Awareness of the value of the analysis.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Able to work as a team.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing, Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm