Start a career with purpose - GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Train and Place is an initiative jointly supported by Workforce Singapore (WSG) and Singapore Polytechnic (SP) and is aimed at building a pipeline of skilled manpower for Singapore’s biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry in anticipation of hiring demand.
The training programme consists of a 3-month structured facilitated training conducted by SP, followed by 15 months of local attachment with GSK.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and takes part in the coordination and execution in the routine manufacture of API at the site to achieve target production levels within the framework of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), quality, safety, occupational hygiene and environment protection.
What You Will Do
- To manage a team of technicians/entry-level staff in a specific engineering discipline to ensure timely implementation of projects and plant availability at all times.
- Carry out implementation activities for plant modifications, capital projects and other identified plant improvement projects in line with defined specifications, budget and qualification of facilities in accordance with site to approved procedures.
- Provides specialist advice to other departments and subordinates for trouble shooting / continuous improvements to processes / systems.
- Maintain the site equipment and facility to high GMP standard meeting the regulatory expectations such that the site is always inspection ready.
- Implementation and execute of the Product Contamination Cause and Elimination (PCCE) program.
- Provide input to the project team of capital projects as well as develop and implement the maintenance plan for newly installed equipment.
- Provide site inputs to the development of Global Engineering Standards (GES) and Primary Supply Standard Engineering Practices (PMSEP).
- Monitor and enforce compliance measures (including safety) within their specific discipline to ensure inspection readiness of plant, as well as participate as an audit team member in the conduct of audits.
- Supervise, develop, and motivate entry-level staff to help realize their maximum potential so as to contribute towards achieving the objectives of the department.
- Contribute to the development of the annual operating budget of the section to ensure achievement operational targets of section.
- Implementation of the GSK Production System (GPS) for Engineering Services.
- Responsible for planning and implementing plant maintenance, managing engineering resources during plant turnaround and prompt resolution of breakdowns, including engaging external assistance.
- To support the development of facility master plan to ensure compliance to engineering standards, management of obsolescence and asset replacement.
- To support customer complaints and deviation investigations and ensure that all relevant engineering corrective actions are completed within the agreed timeline.
- Prepare and issue Engineering Technical Report and provide input to Periodic Reviews and Annual Validation Report to ensure timely completion of the report.
- To manage the site computerized maintenance system and its data / records to ensure that the information is accurate and inspection ready at all times. To provide reports from the system and used as tools for maintenance decisions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Basic awareness of industrial standards.
- Basic commercial knowledge.
- Basic project management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective Operational Excellence skills.
- Team leadership skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:23rd Sep 2021, 6:00 pm