Do you want to work for one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward.
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads!
What You Will Do
The Advanced Analytics Intern will perform data analyses to derive insight, patterns, and correlations from Hallmark’s data and other external data that can inform revenue growth opportunities, identify cost avoidance opportunities, and shape strategy. Analysis will include applying advanced statistical and advanced data mining techniques. The analyses will need to be translated into a form for easy consumption by decision makers leveraging a variety of visual approaches.
Past Projects Have Included:
- A deep-dive analysis into Hallmark’s store segmentation applications to develop a well-documented algorithm to identify store clusters, identify key characteristics for those store clusters, and communicate results to partners throughout the business.
- Building a user friendly tool to better visualize pre-existing consumer profile reports so that users can better utilize a self-service tool.
- Analyzing data to create a heat map of Hallmark’s Keepsakes business to better understand ornament distribution density throughout the country and to identify areas of low density that may have opportunity for wider distribution.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Preference will be given to rising Graduate students.
- Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree with a graduation date of December 2020 or later.
- Pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline – Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, or Operations Research.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (must be stated on your resume).
- Experience using at least one of the following: Python, R, Tableau, or SAS.
- Strong curiosity and learning agility.
- Demonstrated application of advanced analytics skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required to analyze multiple systems to ensure data integrity.
- Permanent authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
Kansas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm