Do you want to work for one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward. We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads!
What You Will Do
Hallmark’s Business, Marketing & Analytics (BM&A) Interns are typically business students with focus in business management, finance, accounting, marketing, supply chain, or economics. As a BM&A intern, you will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need.
You will use your business acumen and problem solving skills to understand Hallmark’s business priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, and develop a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand. In addition to your project work, you will have opportunities to expand your professional skill set, connect with corporate experienced leadership, and engage in lots of fun social activities with your fellow interns!
Past projects have included:
- Creating a national product replacement strategy for key customer accounts.
- Completing a competitive analysis, analyzing current performance, making strategy recommendations, and translating that strategy into a model line for a new product line.
- Developing a strategy to engage a new consumer base on a new and innovative product line.
- Building a tool to inform large category product placement based on individual store traffic, consumer patterns, and consumer demographics.
- Developing a segmentation strategy to ensure the proper product assortment meets consumer needs based on demographics and locations of individual stores.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program or MBA / Master’s degree program with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021.
- Pursuing a degree with a major in one of the following areas - Business Administration, Marketing, Retail Management, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or Economics.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and capacity to think critically.
- Ability to draw conclusions from research and data and translate into clear, concise recommendations.
- Aptitude to think strategically.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Business...
Kansas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm