Do you want to work for one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward.
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads!
What You Will Do
As an Engineering Intern, you will have varying opportunities to gain more experience in the engineering field. At hallmark, we design, manufacture, and distribute a wide variety of products used by our consumers to connect with those they care about.
This internship opportunity is for industrial, mechanical, and/or electrical engineering majors. Industrial engineering majors generally work on projects surrounding Lean principles and process improvement tasks that increase our efficiency, reduce waste, and improve the quality of our products. Mechanical and Electrical engineering majors work on projects related to design and building of equipment solutions used in production and distribution of products.
Past projects have included:
- Working with front-line employees in our manufacturing facilities to understand pain points in equipment or processes to define and implement solutions so that our people and our equipment can work more efficiently.
- Prototyping innovative product solutions for products with movement, sound, light, and human interaction.
- Creating solutions to optimize equipment production by finding solutions to increase awareness of causes around equipment downtime.
- This is a challenging summer internship opportunity where you will have the opportunity to present your work and recommendations to experienced leaders and business partners.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a degree in an Engineering discipline with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021, or May 2022.
- Pursuing undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Previous internship experience in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- High learning agility and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Goal and results oriented; works with urgency and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Manages will through ambiguity.
- Job type:Internships
Kansas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm