Do you want to work for one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward. We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads!
What You Will Do
The Human Resources Internship role will provide you with the business knowledge, functional, and leadership skills you will need for future success.
Past projects have included:
- Evaluating and providing recommendations on our social media strategy for recruiting.
- Researching employment branding best practices and providing recommendations.
- Analyzing and developing plans to implement a new pay structure.
- Analyzing employee data and forecasting retirement.
- Researching and recommending employee career development programs.
- Developing a road map for a skilled apprenticeship program while utilizing design thinking principles.
- During your internship, you will be able to broaden your business acumen and HR perspective, partner with a variety of cross-functional HR partners, understand and interpret HR policies in a corporate environment, increase your problem solving and innovative thinking skills, identify success criteria and measurements, evaluate results and make recommendations, and improve your project management skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program or MBA / Master’s degree program with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021.
- Majoring or minoring in an HR-related discipline.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Prior internship experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people and disciplines; work autonomously and in teams.
- Demonstrated initiative, innovation, and leadership skills – ability to influence and be resourceful.
- Job type:Internships
Kansas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm