Do you want to work for one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward. We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
Hallmark’s internship program (typically late May through early August) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment.
You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads!
What You Will Do
As a Supply Chain Management Intern, you will be exposed to the distribution and supply chain processes utilized by Hallmark to manufacture and deliver our products to consumers worldwide. You will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need, and will use your business acumen and problem solving skills to understand Hallmark’s supply chain priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, and develop a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand.
- Developing tools and standard operating procedures for understanding the paper supply chain from Hallmark’s suppliers to provide training opportunities to buyers and coordinators.
- Collecting data and working with international suppliers to standardize product specifications to reduce cost.
- Optimizing Hallmark’s product flow and determining the best sourcing strategy for product, equipment, and services.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a degree with a graduation date of December 2020, May 2021, December 2021, or May 2022.
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, or Supply Chain discipline.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Previous internship experience in a business, logistics, engineering, or supply chain field.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- High learning agility and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Goal and results oriented; works with urgency and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Manages will through ambiguity.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Logistics and...
Kansas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2019, 6:00 pm