Hasbro, Inc. has several open positions for Global Supply Chain Co-Ops for both the Spring/Summer season (January 2020-August 2020) as well as the Summer/Fall season (June 2020- December 2020).
Applicants will be considered for both roles noted below when interviewing. Previous successful Co-Op students have gone on to internships in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Sydney as well as other domestic locations. Please note that these Co-op positions are full time positions working 40 hours a week during these timeframes.
What You Will Do
Global Supply Chain Planning:
- The Global Supply Chain Planning Co-Op (The Co-Op) operates under the close supervision of an Experienced Global Planner or Planning Manager.
- The position provides real world experience in consumer-packaged goods and upon successful completion of the role, the Co-Op will be able to successfully plan inventory and capacity in a global environment.
- He/She balances global supply with global demand as provided by the commercial markets around the world, planning inventory and executing procurement/production orders for his/her assigned brand(s) against a market level phased demand forecast.
- The Co-Op creates feasible supply plans that meet minimum order quantities while recognizing and communicating the impact of constrained capacity on demand, dynamically allocating production to 26+ global warehouses.
- The Co-Op analyzes and communicates supply and demand disconnects in a phased inventory environment, identifying any new product development risks/gaps, suggesting appropriate action plans, and requesting that The Sourcing Entity and vendors develop corrective service options as necessary. Past brands planned by Co-Ops include Disney Princess, NERF, My Little Pony, and Play-Doh and responsibility level can be as high as $100M of inventory purchase value.
- The Co-Op will learn real world application of SAP's newest software, Integrated Business Planning and will form partnerships in North America, South America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
- The position carries the same responsibilities and expectations of a full-time role that a graduating student would fill, giving the incumbent valuable and practical experience that will strengthen their candidacy for full time employment with Hasbro or other consumer products companies.
- The Global Logistics Co-Op student operates under the close supervision of an Experienced Analyst or Manager.
- The Co-Op will gain exposure to a dynamic business environment where the individual will be able to apply classroom skills to real life supply chain situations.
- The overall experience will increase the students’ knowledge of the global supply chain of a consumer product.
- The Global Logistics Department has an extensive network of partners that support the various subgroups of the Department. The Co-Op will be involved in the continuous interaction and coordination among internal and external stakeholders including Transportation providers for Domestic and International shipments, Customs Brokers, Vendors, Booking Agents, Affiliate Markets and Warehouses, globally.
- As part of the Transportation and Warehousing Teams, Global and U.S. Domestic Transposition roles and responsibilities include analyzing shipment data, performing mode/carrier selection, container utilization, shipment tracking and the measurement of carrier performance. The team is responsible for ensuring that Hasbro is compliant with all applicable transportation laws and regulations. Working within SAP and Oracle Transportation Management the Co-Op manages transportation activity from planning to execution. The team is responsible for all U.S. ground transportation and works closely with trucking providers and domestic customers to ensure on-time delivery.
- The team works cross-functionally with U.S. Warehouses, Account Support and Customer Compliance to investigate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions on domestic shipments. As part of the Global Trade Compliance Team responsible for adherence to all applicable trade laws and regulations the Co-Op helps to classify Hasbro products under the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule and issues U.S. Certificates of Origin for qualifying shipments to Affiliate markets.
- The team analyzes and tracks global duty spend and utilization of Free Trade Agreements. They work cross-functionally with Hasbro brand teams, as well as global commercial markets and their corresponding customs brokers to ensure global partners are in compliance with Hasbro policies & procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working towards a degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations or similar.
- Relevant supply chain or business internship experience preferred.
- Desire to adapt and learn, embracing Hasbro’s core values of Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Community.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships through teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, reasoning and organization skills.
- Willingness to take initiative; developing processes and reports relating to the Hasbro business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Rhode Island (United...
- Closing Date:6th Jun 2019, 6:00 pm