With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level SEAD Engineer to join our Business Practices, in Johannesburg office.
We are looking to hire a recent Mechanical or Structural Engineering graduate into the Specialized Engineering Analysis & Design (SEAD) group. The focus of SEAD is to provide specialized engineering expertise and services. These would include, but are not limited to, advanced numerical analysis (for example, FEA), Fitness-for-Service Assessments, field measurements and inspections and technology development.
Our work is highly diverse, including opportunities to work on unique and challenging projects across all the industries that Hatch serves. This job requires close interaction with engineers within the SEAD group and from other disciplines, in a team environment to perform detailed engineering analysis.
In addition to developing new technologies and selecting and installing equipment in greenfield projects, we help our clients to get the most from their existing assets by providing field support, rebuild repairs, and retrofits. We also work with our clients to optimize their existing technologies to achieve the maximize benefit.
What You Will Do
- Advanced engineering analysis, including modelling using the Finite Element Method (Finite Element Analysis).
- Project planning and management to meet budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Design optimization and solution development for challenging problems.
- Interfacing with clients and vendors.
- Site visits for project work and result presentation.
- Project opportunities across all Hatch sectors.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Has taken courses and/or done numerical simulations at a post - graduate level, or in another role, and demonstrates a passion and aptitude for numerical analysis.
- Excellent academic performance and a demonstrated interest in structural and/or thermomechanical engineering of industrial equipment.
- Strong fundamentals in theory and application of solid mechanics/dynamics/FEA.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team on challenging projects.
- Organizational ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learner with an eagerness to develop engineering fundamentals and apply them to solving challenging real-world problems and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong safety and quality focus.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Mechanical
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:11th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm