With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Junior Simulation Engineer to join the Metals team in Johannesburg.
Hatch has been serving the world’s mining and metals industry with studies, design, engineering, development of innovative technologies, and project and construction management through to commissioning and operations for both greenfield and brownfield facilities.
As the mining industry faces new demands, our focus is on innovation. Join us in helping our clients create measurable improvements to their operations throughout the entire mining lifecycle value chain.
What We Offer You:
- Long term career development.
- Work with world class experts.
- Flexible work environment.
What You Will Do
- Be part of a Simulation and Modelling team performing simulation studies for small and large projects.
- Gathering the information required for the study.
- Developing the simulation model in the appropriate software.
- Verifying the model with the client.
- Assimilating and reporting findings to the client.
- Compiling and reviewing data and simulation results typically in MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Presentations within the project team, Hatch and to the client.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant tertiary degree (Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology).
- 0 - 3 years simulation and modelling experience.
- Good investigative skills demonstrated.
- Experience with Arena, Simio and VBA advantageous.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:7th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm