At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
What You Will Do
Ensure that all Documents Relating to the Various Processes are Written up, Reviewed, Controlled, and Updated on a Regular Basis:
- Draw up and update all Process Control Plans for the various process functions and liaise with Ford Quality Systems Engineer on any changes required.
- Update and control present Reaction Plans, Start-up procedures.
- Participate in the control plan review team with Process manager and Ford.
- SPC Chart updating and printing.
- Prepare a summary of SPC performance records as per Ford standard.
- Prepare for Internal and external audits.
Stock Logistics and Control:
- Order and follow up with customer services on stock materials – Both CSM as well as traditional sales items.
- Escalate stock concerns (availability, expiry) to Process managers and KAM.
- Capture all information of incoming stock in the Stock Control file and update the file as required by the introduction of new materials.
- Sales item document control for items delivered to paint shop stores but captured by the Ford MP&L team.
Analytical and Panel Sample Control:
- Ensure that All analytical samples, corrosion/stone chip and, SEM panels are prepared and shipped as per the required schedule.
- Follow up, check and display results.
- Immediately escalate any negative or suspect results to the Process Manager.
- Obtain all-new Material Safety Data Sheets and Product Data Sheets for existing and new products introduced at Ford and update and distribute to all relevant departments.
Ensure that Safety and Environmental Standards are Maintained:
- Conduct regular audits on the safety and environmental standards in process areas for which Henkel is responsible - These include 5S audits.
- Ensure that all relevant Safety documentation is displayed in the above-mentioned areas.
- Ensure that all issued Non-Conformances are corrected and closed within the given time frame.
Sundry Item Control:
- Ensure that PPE and equipment inventory records are maintained.
- Inform Process Manager to procure necessary PPE or equipment.
- Ensure that reagents are ordered timeously from Henkel labs.
- Control reagents in terms of Expiry.
- Maintain Glassware register and stock levels including the Calibration status of equipment.
- Ensure that all measuring equipment is calibrated before the expiry of the certificate by arranging timeously with the Ford process department.
- Operate the pre-treatment line in the event of absenteeism of regular members.
Required Skills and Abilities
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Must have worked directly at the Automotive OEM site for a minimum of 6 months.
- Must be able to independently operate a pre-treatment line on the customer site.
- Practical hands-on chemical processes control background.
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Must have good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Basic SAP knowledge for stock management purposes.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:12th May 2020, 6:00 pm