The ILDP is an 18-month programme that will offer legal graduates the opportunity to gain employment and work experience through a structured learning and development programme. Taking part in the ILDP, Legal Analysts will develop client and commercial skills, increase their technical capability and improve their personal leadership qualities. They will also have the opportunity to work with the firm's disputes, corporate and finance practices, alongside Partners and Associates across the firm's international network, giving them exposure to global clients. Legal Analysts completing the programme will gain a deeper understanding of the work of a global law firm and a stronger CV, therefore increasing their chances of securing a Candidate Attorney position, or other roles in legal or professional services sectors, as they continue their careers. Legal Analysts are part of our Alternative Legal Services team, working closely with Managers, Experienced Lawyers, Lawyers and Trainees across our international network.
What You Will Do
- Conducting document review, due diligence and other fee-earning work as required.
- Providing general support to the ALT Management team in the Johannesburg office.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the Alternative Legal Services practice.
- Ensuring compliance with financial disciplines on matters.
- Attend, participate in and complete all learning and development modules.
- Apply the learning in their day-to-day roles.
- Complete and keep up to date their personal learning log.
- Support the performance and effectiveness of colleagues joining the programme as part of further cohorts by transferring knowledge and skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Essential - Law graduate – (LLB or equivalent) and/or a post-graduate (LLM or equivalent) qualification. Applications are welcome from undergraduates who expect to obtain this in advance of the programme.
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
- Excellent attention to detail; aims to get it right first time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, and using software tools intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in South Africa at the time of application and for the duration of the programme.
- Personal Leadership - Finds opportunities to develop and sustain themselves- Professional integrity, Self-Development, Builds resilience.
- Technical Capability - Builds legal knowledge and insight - Legal Ability, Produces high quality work, Delivers outcomes.
- Contributes to Team and Firm - Volunteers, assists others and contributes to positive team spirit - Teamwork and Communication, Builds networks, Contributes to firm.
- Enhances the Client Experience - Delivers excellent service to clients, Understands the client context, Innovates to support the firm.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:6th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm